The sixth season of The Amazing Race Canada is set to begin on July 3, 2018. On this season of The Amazing Race Canada, they will be celebrating Canadian Heroes.
On June 14, it was revealed who the 10 teams would be, and they include RCMP, RCAF pilots, navy sailors, community volunteers, and a pair of first-responders. This past week, @CTV_PR created the hashtag, #MeetTheRacers, and announced the teams via Twitter and Instagram.
As any avid Amazing Race fan knows, the show will follow the teams as they push their limits in one giant, action-packed adventure. The list of teams includes:
• Chewy & Happy, friends and retired air force pilots from Ontario
• Courtney & Adam, first responders and engaged couple from Alberta
• Dylan & Kwame, friends and youth mentors/football coaches from Alberta
• Joseph & Akash, young community volunteers, entrepreneurs, and best friends from Ontario
• Leanne & Mar, teammates and youth mentors from Ontario
• Martina & Phil, brother and sister and volunteers from British Columbia
• Nancy & Mellisa, teammates and elite athletes from Alberta
• Taylor & Courtney, siblings and fourth-generation Mounties from British Columbia
• Todd & Anna, dating couple and compassionate advocates from Alberta
• Zainab & Monica, co-workers and navy sailors from Ontario
To see their full biographies, you can visit the CTV website here.
The last season of The Amazing Race Canada averaged 1.8 million viewers a week, making it the number one show for summer over the previous five years, and the number one Canadian show for the 2016/17 broadcast season.
This season is set to be hosted by Olympic Gold Medalist, Jon Montgomery. The teams will travel across Canada and some parts of the world, for their chance to win the brand new 2018 Chevrolet Traverse Redline, a trip for two around the world, $250,000 in cash, and the title of The Amazing Race Canada champions.
The first episode airs on CTV on July 3 at 8 p.m. ET, with new episodes every Tuesday.